Solution to Trouble Accessing PhpMyAdmin with WAMP

I've recently started playing with PHP.  PHP has some great resources and for the most part it was easy to install on my windows box with WAMP (Windows Apache MySql PHP).  I initially ran into an issue because I could not access myPHPAdmin. Instead I got the following error:

 #1045 - Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)

Apparently this indicates that I am not using a password.  For me it meant that my password was not set in MySql and also that the configuration file had no password set.

I did some searching throughout the web and found several solutions that probably work but the one that worked for me was this one

http://www.sitepoint.com/forums/showthread.php?846777-1045-Access-denied-for-user-root-localhost-%28using-password-NO%29

It appears that I already had installed mySql prior to installing WAMP but had never configured it.  It was just a matter of running it from the command line, setting up the password and then modifying the configfile config.inc.php in the folder  C:\WAMP\Apps\PhpMyAdmin\.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Hate Regular Expressions

Simple Example of Using Pipes with C#

Why a Programmer Must Have Sales Skills