Feemo

I have recently checked in a new project into code google. The project name came out of a play on words File Mover but since fimo would make the i sound kind of strange in my opinion. I changed the spelling to two e's instead so that the i could only be pronounced one way. Anyway, the concept behind Feemo is simple - to allow me to perform tedious repeatable folder manipulation tasks quickly and easily.

I was recently inspired by Martin Fowler's talk on Domain Specific Languages(DSL) and therefore I decided to create it in a way that the DSL can specify the instructions and then the FeemoRunner can take over and process them. If you are interested in something like this, take a look at the project. Currently it is not ready for delivery it still has quite a way to go before it can be used but I project that I can get enough going to perform some of the basic operations like processing the clean folder commands and move folder commands in the very near future.

I am also enrolled in an XML class and have a research project to write on an XML topic so I decided to tie Feemo into it. That is why Feemo will support both FeemoScript and FeemoXml.

You can find more information about Feemo here.

Comments

Ricardo said…
I like the name and the idea. I am downloading this now - thanks for sharing!
Fernando Zamora said…
This is just the start of the project. I am excited about it and hopefully it can grow. This is based off of an idea that has been simmering for a long time.

Popular posts from this blog

Why I Hate Regular Expressions

Simple Example of Using Pipes with C#

Why a Programmer Must Have Sales Skills