Real-Time Data Communication


Some of you may know that I've been working on Arduino lately and my current project is to Send Data Over FM.  My ultimate goal is to send data over FM but I am not there yet.  I picked FM simply to see if it could be done and I figured I could learn some things about real data transmission along the way.  I chose not to implement the communication using any shields on purpose. Arduino has many shields that already the capability to send data over Wi-Fi with easy to use APIs, but that would have been too easy. At the same time that would not give me the understanding that I am seeking. You see, by handling the data at the physical layer instead of the software layer this allows me to learn and understand certain things about data communication.

For instance, since I am handling the data at the physical layer, this means that...Read more

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Example of Using Pipes with C#

Putting Files on the Rackspace File Cloud

Why I Hate Regular Expressions