That Was My Idea


Just today I saw an article on a new product that I thought up a few years back.  The product in question was more refined and more sophisticated than I envisioned it, but the basic premise of the concept was there.  I've had this happen to me a few times with other products. Some may laugh when I say this, but I envisioned and app store long before there were app stores of any kind.  Over the years I've had many ideas but I have yet to fully pursue one and develop it into a finished product.

Whenever I bring up the idea talk, it's not unusual to hear about the ideas other people have had.  I think we are all born with a creative instinct.  We all have ideas that we can champion and see to fruition.  I heard once that there is a place where you can go and be in the presence of thousands, if not millions of great ideas; the cemetery.  Many of those buried there had great ideas, and their ideas are there buried with them.

I've personally witnessed some friends pursue their ideas with great passion, work on them, nurture them. Oh yes it takes a lot of work but in the end they succeed. So I have to sit back and start questioning what is keeping me from developing my next great idea.  I have to sit back and look at what to do to avoid giving up before I start. It starts today. What about you, are you going to develop that great idea you have? Or are you going to talk yourself out of it.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Example of Using Pipes with C#

Putting Files on the Rackspace File Cloud

Why I Hate Regular Expressions